Horse Soccer will be my first Learning Horses 'Trilogy' which will include a 5 Reasons, How To and Video. Enjoy!
1. Soccer teaches your horse NOT to be afraid of big scary things, a skill that translates to many different useful purposes.
2. Soccer breaks up the monotony of arena work, engaging the horses brain rather than just his/her body.
3. Soccer is great for bending. There are lots of turns involved in chasing the ball around the arena. Use this as a GREAT way to ask your horse to bend his/her body without just pulling the head around. Focus on moving the shoulders and hind end while keeping the head straight.
4. Soccer is great for your balance. As you pick up the speed of chasing the ball you will have to stay balanced to keep your horse bending through the body.
5. It is FUN!!!!! Watch the video of Zapa playing-How can you argue with that????