6/29/2007

How to Work with someone you admire

Several years ago I read an article by a woman named Lynn Gallup in Paso Fino Horse World. I decided at that time that I wanted to meet her. I know that she and I had some similar views and philosophies about Paso Finos (and horses in general).

I tried to arrange her to judge a show out here, but timing never worked out. We corresponded 1-2x a year and this year I asked her if she would be interested in being a clinician out west. Lynn has never been to the Northwest so I will be her tour guide and she will help us learn about Paso Finos!

How did I do it? It wasn't easy. First, I had to find a facility. My friend Christabeth rented me her BEAUTIFUL brand new facility and she has been an awesome host-and it hasn't even started. By the way, if you need someone to start your youngster, Christabeth is a great choice.

Some extra costs involved were renting a porta-potty + insurance (an add on policy to Christa's). Add in the travel costs for Lynn and then you can start to figure out what to charge. We are hosting as many folks as possible in Eugene and hoping to have great fun with my fellow Paso owners. We are going to provide breakfast/lunch and Christa is hosting a BBQ on Sat Night.

To make it the best event EVER-we are having a demo on Friday. The festivites begin July 19th and I just can't wait!

So if you want to work with someone you admire, just ask and believe and everything else will fall into place!

1 comment:

photogchic said...

Very Cool Jerri, sounds like you took some advice from Jane Savoie:-) Sounds like a great weekend.