I know, I know, you are all looking forward to summer and have lots of plans for your horses. Here are some things I plan to do with my horses this summer.
1. Go to Redmond, OR for the Clinton Anderson clinic May 26th and 27th. I have friends that live nearby and I will leave the horses there. I plan to absorb everything I can then ride with my friends in the evening.
2. Go Horse Camping. We have lots of great places to horsecamp just a couple of hours from here including Silver Falls State Park and Willamette Mission.
3. Go to Playdays. I will go to Bruce and Betty's annual fun day (Precious took 3rd in trail last year-hey Mariann, I will dethrone you this year). Last year I helped out with Julie's Trail Competition (when I can find her website, I'll link it), that was FUN! I will definitely bring the horses this year.
4. Go to the Oregon State Fair Horse Show. Precious is retired from showing and Tesoro was a disaster last year with only 10 days prep before hand (he was borrowed from the people leasing him so we could have more horses). This year we will be more prepared and I will also probably show Santana for Bette.
5. Do LOTS of trail riding. I only did a little bit of trail riding last year, but now that I have another horse that I can ride, Uriah and I will head out often. We love to hike so this year we will let the horses do the work!
6. Attend a clinic. I'm not sure which one I will attend, but I'm sure my list will be long of ones to choose from.
I LOVE the summer! I just go and go and go until I am about ready to fall over, hoping to get as much in as possible so I can take the winter riding in the arena. This summer will be extra great as Uriah and I will (for the first time) both have weekends off AND two horses to ride! We can't wait.
We are also going to Florida to get a puppy from Woodwynd Dalmatians in June plus weddings to attend in July (Seattle) and September (Illinois). Not sure how we will afford it all, but God willing, we will make it happen!