If you spend any time reading blogs, you have probably seen the 5 things chain. I found the original post (where someone was keeping track of the chain), but have not been able to locate it again. Basically, a blogger will write 5 things about him/herself that other folks don't know and post it on his/her blog. They are also supposed to nominate 5 new bloggers and credit the person who tagged them.
I was suprised, but when it hit our office, I knew I would be on the list. Thanks to Cam for his nomination.
5 Things you don't know about me
1. I won the state German Declimation contest when I was in 7th grade. Declimation is where you learn poetry and recite it, in this case, it was in German. I had varying places over the years, but never beating my 1st place finish in 7th grade. I still remember the poem if you want to hear it.
2. I shaved my head when I was 20 and traveling in Europe. We did it under a tree on an island in the river with only a streetlamp for light. A guy named Mathius from Sweden helped and I used beard trimmers that I had bought at K-Mart in Prague.
3. I am afraid of dead bodies. Animal, human, doesn't matter. I cannot view an open casket or see a dead animal. I did stay with Garfunkel when they put him to sleep this summer, but that was about all I could do.
4. I am not registered with a political party. I registered with one when I was younger, but decided no party really represents me. I strongly believe we are capible of being more than a 2 party system, so I remain without a party (not even independant). It prevents me from voting in primaries (in some states), but other than that, very little impact (oh yeah and WAY less junk mail).
5. I skipped the 4th grade. I kept getting ahead and they ultimately left the decision up to me, so I said 'lets go for it'. My dad says he regrets it, but I am thrilled, I don't think I could have handled another year of school. I more than made up for it in my six years in college.
So now, I honor, Jax, Julie, Brooke, Halt-near-x, and Patricia. Can't wait to learn 5 things about each of you.